The UCF Art Gallery in the School of Visual Art and Design is seeking a Part-time Gallery Assistant. Working immediately under the UCF Gallery Director, the Gallery Assistant will monitor the gallery and oversee and manage daily operations.
- Work a maximum 28 hours per week with a flexible schedule for availability during special gallery events and receptions.
- Open and close the gallery in accordance with set hours and remain present and accessible for the duration of their shift.
- Ensure all guests are treated cordially and always maintain a hospitable, welcoming environment.
- Daily operational tasks such as cleaning, organizing, generating documents, and manage student workers and volunteers with the oversight of the Gallery Director.
- With oversight of the Gallery Director, install and strike artwork for exhibitions, generate and install wall labels/text/vinyl, and train students on delegated installation tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred in Arts or related field
- At least one year experience installing artwork and preparing exhibitions
- Preferred experience in museum or gallery setting
- Clear and efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred experience in oversight/management of staff and/or volunteers
- Computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Preferred experience with Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, be a self-starter and take initiative, collaborate and work as an integral part of a team.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry at least fifty pounds, work on a ladder at various heights, and work around dust.
- Cover Letter – include written description of experience and expertise
- CV or Resume
- Contact information for three professional references
Please email complete application materials to Shannon Lindsey, UCF Art Gallery Director at Shannon.Lindsey@ucf.edu with the Subject Line: “Gallery Assistant Application_YOUR FULL NAME” by 5:00pm on FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2017.